Enjoy A Taste Of Spring With The Twin Cities Best Backyards
Feb 23, 2015, 18:47 PM
At the end of a long, cold, dark Minnesota winter, show-goers will delight in visiting the Minneapolis Home + Garden Show's nine Feature Gardens! A perennial favorite, the 2015 Feature Gardens' theme is Twin Cities Best Backyards and will showcase nine landscapers' take on the area's best outdoor spaces.
This year's categories include:
As you can see, there's no shortage of stunning beauty and inspiration at this year's Feature Gardens. Don't forget your camera so you can begin planning your own oasis! Remember, buy your Minneapolis Home + Garden Show tickets early to avoid box office lines and get the best deals - right now you can get 2-for-1 on Facebook.
FEBRUARY 25 - MARCH 1, 2015.
This year's categories include:
- Boulder Creations by Stonewall: Imagine dozens of huge boulders creating a cozy, two-level patio area and fire pit, and that's what you'll find here. And when we say boulders, we're talking one-to-three tons each!
- Northwest Orient by Holm & Olsom Landscape Design & Construction: The team went all out to transport show-goers to Japan with this one. There will be an outdoor kitchen, bamboo kakei spout fountain, petrified wood water feature, and gravel garden. But wait, there's more! Japanese maple trees, pom-pom junipers, mugo pines, and hydrangeas.
- Come On Over by Bever Landscape Design Group: Technology meets the outdoors here, with music, lighting, and an AV system all together. The color-saturated garden beds will please the eye and the ears are treated to music playing, and let's not forget to mention the TV and outdoor kitchen!
- Rustic Luxe Kitchen Garden by Mickman Brothers: Fire, wood, metal, water, and earth all come together here to blend into a harmonious feng shui element. This contemporary, chef-inspired urban backyard mixes with wall-mounted waterfalls and a double-sided fireplace to really take you away.
- Shangri-La by NRD Landscape Design + Build: An ultimate retreat for you and your family, this space has an edible garden, custom screening, and the element of fire for extreme relaxation.
- Outdoor Ambiance by Landstyle Design + Construction: Minnesotans will take delight in this series of outdoor environments that match our ever-changing climate. There's an outdoor kitchen, a unique bar, and multiple water and fire features.
- Reflection by Gray Leaf Design: Elegance meets modern in this garden that is flexible enough to provide both relaxation and entertainment. We're talking a floating deck over a reflecting infinity pool, and custom-built furniture flanking the outdoor kitchen.
- Sustainable + Contemporary by Biota Landscape Design + Build: Contemporary design married sustainability for this garden, boasting a traditional pergola with a series of unique water elements as a beautiful example of how to capture rainwater.
- Fabulous Formality With A Twist by Oflora Garden: International flair is alive and well here, with a labyrinth leading you through hedges of compact dwarf conifers to a patio surrounded with red and yellow tulips, and stunning contemporary outdoor sculptures.