dark day access
Exhibitors can enter the building on Thursday, February 28 from 8:00am - 4:30pm only. Please enter through the marshalling yard using the C-West doors.
badges and tickets
Exhibitor badges and comp tickets will both be picked up in the Show Office during move-in. Comp tickets will not be mailed out prior to the show.
FOR UTILITY (ELECTRIC), FURNITURE RENTAL, CARPETING AND SIGNAGE, CLICK HERE FOR THE SHOW DECORATOR KIT.
2110 Old Highway 8 NW
New Brighton, MN 55112
Promote and use your complimentary tickets - CLICK HERE
Click HERE for daily wifi options at the show.
2019 Move-In Schedule
Exhibitors will be divided into six (6) move-in times over three (3) days: Red Zone Exhibitors may NOT move in until Thursday, February 21.
Tuesday, Feb. 19: 7:00 am – 8:00pm/10:00pm
YELLOW ZONE: 7:00 am start
GREY ZONE: 1:00 pm start
Wednesday, Feb. 20: 7:00 am – 8:00pm/10:00pm
BLUE ZONE: 7:00 am start
PURPLE ZONE: 1:00 pm start
Thursday, Feb. 21: 7:00 am – 8:00pm/10:00pm
Red Zone 1 (full shaded red): 7:00 am start
Red Zone 2 (dashed red area): 1:00 pm start
*Exhibitors can enter the building until 8:00pm every night and stay until 10:00pm. If you leave the marshaling yard after 8:00pm, you cannot get back in for the night.
EXHIBITORS WHO DO NOT MOVE-IN DURING THEIR DESIGNATED TIME ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO DRIVE ONTO THE FLOOR.
2019 Move-Out Schedule
Sunday, March 3 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. RED ZONE ONLY
**Vehicles are NOT guaranteed to drive onto the floor until a path has been cleared. Please remember to bring any carts or dollies needed.
**All other exhibitors are encouraged to start taking down during this time.
Sunday, March 3 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Open Move Out
Monday, March 4 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Open Move Out
*Monday, March 4 *2:00 p.m. *All Exhibitors moved out
In an effort to improve the speed of move out, the rear marshalling yard/loading dock area will be blocked off on Sunday, March 3rd for RED ZONE exhibitors only. All vehicles parking in the loading dock MUST have their vehicles removed by the end of the show on Saturday, March 3rd. Any vehicles left in the loading dock will be subject to towing.
RED ZONE exhibitors must pick up a RED ZONE parking pass in the Show Office on Saturday, March 3 to park in the marshaling yard on Sunday, March 4. RED ZONE exhibitors will be verified by Show Mgmt. One parking spot is allowed per exhibitor and is on a first come, first serve basis.
Because multiple exhibitors are trying to move-out at one time, exhibitors ARE NOT guaranteed to be able to drive onto the show floor during the Red Zone move-out. We make every effort to make this possible, but it cannot be guaranteed. Please plan accordingly and bring carts or dollies for move-out.
Parking at the minneapolis convention center
• There is NO reserved parking at the MCC. A limited number of weekly parking passes are available for sale in the Exhibitor Services office in the back of Hall D for the marshalling yard behind the Convention Center.
• IMPORTANT - 1/3 of all available parking passes go on sale Tuesday, February 19th at 7:00am, 1/3 on Wednesday, February 20th at 7:00am and the final 1/3 on Thursday, February 21st at 7:00am.
• Parking passes are only valid during Friday, February 22 – Sunday, February 24 and Friday, March 1 – Saturday, March 2.
• IMPORTANT: Parking will NOT be available on Sunday, March 3. The parking lot will be reserved for the RED ZONE move out only. All Exhibitors with parking passes MUST remove their vehicles by the end of the show on Saturday, March 3.
A 900-space underground ramp across the street is connected by skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center. 8,000 additional spaces are within a four-block radius.
For additional parking options, please see the map of parking ramps and skyways near the MCC:
Reserve your parking through Spot Hero in advance and get there on time, stress free!
SpotHero is the nation’s leading parking reservation app to book convenient and affordable parking, whether it’s for an event, commute to work or even airport parking.
To reserve your parking spot for the Minneapolis Convention Center SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up. You can also use SpotHero to park all over Minneapolis – learn more here.
New to SpotHero? Download the SpotHero iPhone | Android app and enter promo code MHGS18 for an extra 10% off your first park!
Food & Beverage Permit Procedures
All Exhibitors in the show who are dispensing food and/or beverages must obtain a Short-Term Food Permit. Click HERE for procedures.
Short Term Food Permit Application
Guidelines for Dispensing Foods
Environmentally Acceptable Packaging
NEW FIRE CODES:
• Anyone cooking with grease must have a hood above their unit. The only exception is for displays like the Frying Saucer.
• Any tabletop cooking or grilling will be allowed as long as our fire alarms are not going off. As usual, if the Exhibit Hall gets too smoky, then those vendors will be asked to stop until we can properly ventilate that area.
• Each exhibitor must provide their own hot coal bin and dispose their hot coals before they leave for the day. The hot coal bin must be stored out of our building (in MCC marshalling yard).
• If a smoke beam is tripped within the Exhibit Hall, the exhibitor will be required to shut their booth down for the run of the show.
For any exhibitor needing to purchase insurance through the show, please click the link below for details.
The Minneapolis Hilton (two blocks from the Convention Center) is offering special rates of $105 for a single/double, $125 for a triple and $145 for a quad room. Call 1.888.933.5363 for reservations or book online: https://book.passkey.com/go/homeandgardenshow2019. Make sure to reference “HOM” when making reservations. Our rate is available until January 21, 2019 or until the group block sells out.
Show Dates & Hours:
Friday, February 22 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 23 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 24 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday, March 1 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 2 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 3 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Exhibitors can enter the show at 8:30am every morning.
Need a break to relax? This space is dedicated to Exhibitors to eat, lounge and relax. Located in Room 101 A&J outside of Hall B.
Property brothers poster
The Property Brothers are coming to the show on Saturday, February 23rd! Click the link below to download your poster with promo code SCOTT to save $3 online!
7953 Minneapolis HGS_11x17_POSTER_SAVINGS_SCOTT
EXHIBITOR WEB BUTTON
Bring potential customers to the show by providing this ticket discount on your website.
Just follow the below steps:
1. Save a copy of the button (right click & save the image to your computer)
2. Have your web developer upload the web button to your website
3. Once the button is uploaded have your web developer link the button to:
Bring potential customers to the show by downloading and printing a ticket savings posters to display in your retail location. Click on the image below to download a PDF version.
Lauren Wallerius, Show Manager
LaurenW@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x125
Clancey Adams, Operations Coordinator
ClanceyA@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x134
Jill Kottke, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Alpha #, A-C)
JillKO@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x112
Jennifer Sorensen, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Alpha D-G, M)
JenniferS@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x115
Rachel Jorgensen, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Alpha H-L)
RachelJ@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x139
Haley Stoneman, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Alpha N-R)
HaleyS@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x136
Danielle Maki, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Alpha S-Z)
DanielleM@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x126
Joe Trimble, Regional Sales Director
JoeT@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x122
Grace Dahlquist, Show Administrator
GraceD@mpeshows.com 952.933.3850 x110